A huge trend is going on in the internet world on using Vaseline after your lash lift. Nowadays, you can enhance your beauty at home itself without going to a salon. Likewise, you can embrace your lashes temporarily at a low cost, only with two simple ingredients which are an eyelash curler and a Vaseline. It is ideal to use Vaseline on your lashes after lifting for ultimate results. Firstly let us know more about lash lifting and Vaseline.
Lifting your lashes makes your eyes look more open. Lash lifting permanently is quite expensive in salons and parlors. If you like your natural lashes and just want to skip mascara then a lash lift is a great choice for you. It just adds more natural vibes to your lashes and makes your eye appear more wider.
Vaseline is nothing but a petroleum jelly. It is made of a hundred percent purified white petroleum. This budget-friendly product is widely used for various skin care routines and possesses several benefits for your eyelashes as well.(1)
[ Recommended: I Got My Lashes Wet After Lash Lift ]
How to Apply Vaseline to Your Lashes
Get An Old Mascara Wand: Take any old mascara wand and dab its bristles in a paper towel. Don’t use soft tissue as it will create more mess. Gently shake your wand in a folded paper towel to remove any tenacious residue.
1. Deep Clean Your Wand: Dip your wand in lukewarm water for 2-4 minutes. This brings out the dried mascara that was sticking in your wand. After then, soak your wand in isopropyl alcohol to remove some mascara that is still lodged between the bristles.
2. Drying Up Your Wand: Your wand should be completely dry before using them for this procedure. Use a paper towel and pat fry your wand.
3. Cleanse Your Makeup: Wash off the makeup on your eyes and lashes. Cleanse your eyelids gently and make sure that your lashes are free from mascara or other residue.
4. Dip Your Wand Into Vaseline: Take out some Vaseline by dipping the wand. Using a damp paper towel may help to spread the Vaseline evenly on your wand.
[ Recommended: How Long After Lash Lift Can I Shower ]
5. Apply to Your Upper and Lower Lash Line: Now apply the Vaseline while your lashes are in the eyelash curler and brush them with a spoolie. Apply to both upper and lower lash lines just like applying your mascara. Ensure to coat both sides of your lashes thoroughly for optimum results.
6. Obtain a Fuller Lashes: Applying the Vaseline to your lashes and leaving it overnight will add moisturize your lashes. Gently cleanse the remaining vaseline residue on your lashes the next morning. The conditioning qualities of vaseline results in making your lashes look fuller and lifted in moments.
Pros and Cons of Vaseline After Lash Lifting
- Your lashes look professionally tinted and lifted instantly after applying vaseline.
- This simple easiest trick is just a quick fix to enhance your natural lashes without mascara.
- Vaseline can effectively moisturize your lashes further keeping them hydrated and healthy.
- It is the most simplest method of lifting your lashes temporarily.
- It builds up moisture and softens the brittle hair of your eyelash.
- Vaseline helps in making your lashes look darker and tinted, and manages your perky lashes through their paces throughout the day as well.
- Vase is considered safe to be used around the eyes.
- It creates a barrier against water loss and it keeps the strands of hair in place when the lash is curled.
- As vaseline is a super hydrating product, it can hydrate your lashes and make them show up extra thicker.
- It is usually safe on sensitive skin and helps prevent hair lash breakage.
However, rather than its benefits for your lashes after the lift, there are some disadvantages too.
- Some vaseline residues left behind may make your lashes more greasier.
- It can’t make your lashes grow longer and faster.
- It can also make your vision get blurry if it gets into your eyes.
- You can also use clean cotton bud or swab to apply vaseline to your lashes
- Cleanse your hands thoroughly without any dirt or bacteria leaving behind
- Remove your makeup completely beforehand, applying Vaseline to your lashes.
Thus using Vaseline after lash lifting is beneficial as it enhances your natural lashes to a voluminous, tinted, and fuller appearance.
- Adult health- https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/adult-health/multimedia/mayo-clinic-minute-petroleum-jelly/vid-20469256
- Vaseline for Eyelashes Growth: Benefits & How to Use
- Can You Use Coconut oil After Lash Lift?
- Can You Wear Mascara With A Lash Lift
- How To Make Lash Extensions Last Longer
- How To Trim False Eyelashes?
- How To Clean Magnetic Lashes?
- Signs Of Bad Eyelash Extensions