Having a dry mouth is not that common problem! But those who have the same are having big difficulties!
Dry mouth is such a problem that will create problem while speaking, eating and even taking breaths! Dry mouth could be because of low water intake, being a chain smoker, not eating properly, having some hormonal disorder and many other such reasons could be there. Well curing it without any pills is the best and easiest way to tackle it. As having a dry mouth may also bring bad breath to your personality! This is purely unhygienic! Here are some effective home remedies for dry mouth.
5 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Mouth:
1. Increase your Fluid Intake
Usually dehydration remains one of the most common and usual reason behind the condition of having dry mouth. So, the best and easiest thing that you can do is to increase up your fluid/water intake so as to keep up your body fully hydrated.
Proper hydration of your body is really very necessary! That will help to make it easier for your body to produce more and more saliva in your mouth and will help to get rid of the symptoms of dry mouth.
You need to follow the below tips:
- Consume as much water as you can throughout the day. If you are not in the lane of consuming water or cannot drink more amount of water then you can even suck on small pieces of ice.
- Many foods have enough water content in them so therefore while eating those type of water based food you can increase your water intake also. So it is recommended that you must eat some amount of partly frozen chunks of water-based fruits and vegetables such as pineapple, watermelon and cucumber.
- Drink lots of delicious smoothies or fruit juice or vegetable juice.
- You must drink everyday about 1 to 2 glasses of coconut water daily.
- You can also give a try to herbal teas like green tea or chamomile tea, or others.
Note: you must always try and avoid some caffeinated beverages like sodas and alcoholic drinks as they can really contribute to deep dehydration.
2. Cayenne Pepper for Dry Mouth:
Cayenne pepper is a spice that triggers or you can say it stimulates lots of saliva production, in your mouth and thereby making it one of the best and affordable plus simplest remedies for dry mouth condition.
Also, the cayenne pepper will surely help you to bolster the taste buds of your sensations so you will be able to distinguish better between all the tastes like sour, sweet, salty and bitter flavors. Follow the below tips to use and adapt this pepper.
- You need to press a little bit of ground cayenne pepper preferably on a wet finger, then you need to rub it around your tongue with the help of your finger only.
- This may cause a some kind of burning sensation on your tongue but this is only for some time but sensation will only help to stimulate your salivary glands.
- It is also recommended to even sprinkle up some cayenne pepper powder in your soups or salads or other dishes.
- There are cayenne pepper pills also available in market! You may even grab those if the condition id really very severe! Remember that do this only after consulting your doctor.
3. Fennel Seeds for Dry Mouth:
The fennel seeds work in the same way as cayenne pepper does! The seeds do stimulate the flow of saliva in your mouth and hence will help you to get rid of dry mouth problem. Plus the benefit of consuming these seeds is that their aromatic flavor will help to combat bad breath of your mouth that accompanies dry mouth every time.
Follow the tips below!
- Munch or chew on fennel seeds several times a day or you may even keep the seeds in your mouth for a few hours to treat dry mouth.
- You can also try this simple recipe by mixing together the equal amounts of fennel seeds and fenugreek seeds.
- Then you must dry roast them in a pan then grind them thoroughly in a mixer and add a little salt.
- Eat about 1/2 teaspoon of this mixture after each meal.
4. Slippery Elm for Dry Mouth:
Slippery elm contains lots of mucilage. Due to mucilage substance, it becomes some kind of a slick gel when mixed with water.This gel fully helps to coat and soothe the mouth as well as the throat from dryness.Plus, it can also effectively relieve you from many discomforts that may occur with dry mouth. Follow below tips:
- Add about 1 to 2 tablespoons of some slippery elm to a cup of warm/hot water.
- Cover and let it allow steeping for about 10 minutes.
- Then strain, and then add some honey
- Drink this amazing tea twice daily.
5. Aloe Vera for Dry Mouth:
Aloe has become more popular herb that any other plant!The effective and amazing impact of this herb to all the helth related problem is like a magic!
It has also been known that aloe is been an age-old remedy to treat the condition of dry mouth by this herb.
Some people mostly aged ones tend to taste everything the same there tongue forgets the difference between the different taste so for them also this herb is very good to take. As it is been known that aloe vera also helps protect the sensitive tissue in the mouth and helps to enhance the taste buds. Follow below
- You just need to drink about ¼ cup of aloe vera juice daily!
- You can also just simply rinse your mouth with the aloe vera juice for 2 times a day.
- Alternatively, you may also apply some pure aloe vera gel around your mouth using a cotton swab.
- Then leave it on for 10 minutes and then finally rinse your mouth with cold water.
- Do this 4 times times a day.
- Does Apple Cider Vinegar work for Hemorrhoids?
- Benefits Of Witch Hazel For Skin, Hair And Health
- Slippery Elm Benefits for Skin,Hair and Health