We all love soft lips, especially during the dry winters when there is a high probability of the lips becoming chapped. Soft pink lips enhance our naturally beautiful look and hence it is important to maintain them hydrated. Read on to check natural ways of keeping the lips soft.
Ways Of Using Toothpaste To Make The Lips Soft
Here are some recipes with toothpaste to get soft and pink lips naturally at home:
1. Toothpaste and Honey
Honey has exfoliating and hydrating properties that can prevent lips from getting chapped in less time.
- Honey, toothpaste: 1/2 tsp each
- Soft Toothbrush
- Mixing bowl
Process: Mix the honey and toothpaste in a mixing bowl. Dab a toothbrush in the mixture and rub gently on the lips for some time. Leave it for 1-2 minutes before washing off.
2. Toothpaste and Sugar
The sugar in this mixture has exfoliating characteristics. The skin irritant qualities of toothpaste make the lips in a short duration.
- 1/2 teaspoon each of toothpaste, and granulated sugar
- Mixing bowl
Process: Mix the toothpaste and granulated sugar in a bowl. Rub this mixture on the lips gently for some seconds and leave it for 1-2 minutes before cleaning with water.
[ Read: How to Exfoliate Lips Naturally at Home ]
3. Toothpaste, Lemon and Petroleum Jelly
Lemon has bleaching properties and petroleum jelly hydrates the skin.
- Half lemon
- 1 pinch sugar.
- Petroleum jelly
Process: Rub the toothpaste on the lips for a few seconds, gently using the brush. Then scrub the lemon on the lips for 2-3 minutes before rinsing with lukewarm water. End the process by applying petroleum jelly before going to the bed.
Tips To Follow While Using Toothpaste For Softening The Lips
- Make sure not to keep the toothpaste on your lips for more than 2 minutes or else the lips will dry up and can even start bleeding.
- In case any severe irritation occurs, never repeat the process.
- Make sure to keep the lips hydrated by using moisturizer or lip balm to keep them naturally soft.
Toothpaste having baking soda and hydrogen peroxide works in making the lips soft and pink because of the hydrogen peroxide and soda in it. Using a toothbrush in the process is mandatory as it helps in providing desired results at home, with the least effort.
You Might Also Like:
- How to Get Fuller Lips with Makeup (Make Your Lips BIGGER)
- How to Lighten Dark Lips Naturally at Home?
- 5 Best Homemade Lip Scrub Recipes to Lighten Dark Lips Naturally
- How to Apply Red Lipstick Perfectly – A Step-By-Step Tutorial
- How To Apply Lip Liner Perfectly
- Does Vaseline Make your Lips Bigger?
- How to Make Your Lips Bigger with Cinnamon?
- 7 Best Pink Lipsticks for Fair Skin
- 7 Best Toothpastes For Sensitive Teeth