We all get neck wrinkles at some point in the course of our life. And neck wrinkles are some of the worst cases of wrinkling, possibly because these wrinkles occur in one of the most visible parts of our body. There are various causes of neck wrinkling; it may be due to side sleeping, aging or even through genetic predisposition. According to a San Antonio plastic surgeon named Jorge L. Melendez, MD, the loss of water as well as collagen content from the skin is associated with skin drying, sagging, and wrinkling. Though this is one of the displeasing sights you may have to deal with, there are fortunately efficient ways to get rid of it. In this post, we shall discuss some of these ways.(1)
Common Methods of Getting Rid Of Neck Wrinkles
1. Vaseline for Necklace Wrinkles
Vaseline is type of petroleum jelly that is a mixture of waxes, paraffin and essential oils. It helps to keep your skin hydrated and moisturized, so wrinkles won’t be visible. Even though Vaseline may not completely revert wrinkled skin, it helps to replenish the water content. It also prevents further wrinkling as well as masks the existing wrinkles.
How To Apply:
- Wash your face and neck properly with water and then blot dry.
- Take a small amount of Vaseline in your fingertip and then spread it over the wrinkled areas smoothly.
- Repeat twice a day, after proper cleaning of the face and neck.
Remember: Sometimes, Vaseline application could cause irritation. Also, remember that continues use of Vaseline has the tendency to close pores which are found on the face leading to acne.
[ Read: How to Treat Wrinkles with Coconut oil ]
2. Using Banana Mask
Bananas are rich in Vitamin A, antioxidants, potassium, and various phytochemicals. It helps in reducing skin wrinkling and keeps the skin hydrated. Banana mask is an all-in-one solution for acne as well as wrinkling and ageing skin. Due to the presence of moisturizing contents, it is effective in removing dead and flaky skin, adding an even tone to your skin.
How To Apply:
- Grind a ripe banana with one tablespoon of honey.
- Wash your neck and face with water, then blot dry it.
- Spread the prepared mask over your neck and face, and then keep it for 10 – 20 minutes.
- Rise using lukewarm water.
- Repeat 2 or 3 times in a week for better results.
[ Read: How to Use Vitamin E oil for Wrinkles ]
3. Castor Oil for Neck Wrinkles
Castor oil is one of the best remedies for skin wrinkling. The oil is rich in concentrated fats that penetrate deep into the skin and moisturize it deep within. It also stimulates collagen production, which replenishes the lost collagens. There are loads of antioxidants that eliminate free radicals and helps in maintaining skin elasticity.
How to Apply:
- Wash your neck and face with water, then blot dry.
- Add 2 – 3 drops of the oil in your palm and spread it all over your face and neck.
- Allow it to stay for 20 minutes. It is always recommended that you apply at night so that you can leave it overnight.
- Wash your neck and face properly in the morning.
Note: Castor oil is good for your skin, so you can use every day or once in two days.
[ Read: How to Apply Castor oil for Wrinkles ]
4. Olive oil for Neck Wrinkles
Olive is another natural product that fight skin wrinkling. This oil is rich in natural fatty acids that moisture your skin and replenish water contents, as well as increase elasticity of the skin. Olive oil also contains vitamins A and E that together, function as antioxidants, fighting free radicals, thus maintaining the youthfulness of your skin.
How to Apply:
- Wash your neck & face with water and blog dry.
- Add a little olive oil to your hand and spread it all over your neck and face.
- Massage for 5 – 8 minutes, then wash out using lukewarm water.
Note: Increased effect is observed if two drops of lemon juice are added with olive oil.
[ Read: How to Use Aloe Vera for Wrinkles ]
5. Argan oil for Neck Wrinkles
Argan oil is rich in triterpenoids that make your skin healthy. Argan oil helps to tighten your skin, thereby removing wrinkles. It also contains antioxidants that fight free radicals. The oil is one of the best natural remedies for restoring your skin health without using chemical products. Regular use of argan oil can make great changes to your skin.
How to Use:
- Wash and then blot dry your face before you go to bed.
- Apply a little argan oil, then massage for five minutes until your skin completely absorbs the oil.
- Let it stay overnight.
- Wash using lukewarm water the next morning.
6. Exercise for Skin Wrinkles
There are various exercises that help to tighten your skin. Practicing these exercises before bed and in the morning can bring visible changes to your wrinkled neck in about a month. They work by increasing the strength of facial and neck muscles. These workouts are very simple and requires almost no effort at all. They can be included in your daily routine exercise plan for the best result. Also, there are various yoga plans for the face now being touted as great for fighting skin wrinkling.
Neck wrinkling is an unavoidable process that occurs during our life time. However, you can control and reduce wrinkling just by practicing the above mentioned tips. All these are very effective in reducing neck wrinkles, thus giving you a youthful, elastic and healthy skin.
Best Neck Creams
StriVectin TL Advanced Tightening Neck Cream PLUS – Buy on Amazon
RoC 5-in-1 Chest, Neck & Face Cream with SPF 30 – Buy on Amazon
Skin Medica Neck Correct Cream for Neck and Décolleté – Buy on Amazon
|Best for Uneven Skin|
Tone Revision Skincare Nectifirm – Buy on Amazon
|Best With SPF|
Perricone MD Cold Plasma Plus+ Neck Chest SPF 25 – Buy on Amazon
|Best Retinol Alternative|
bareMinerals Ageless Phyto-Retinol Neck Cream – Buy on Amazon
Dermalogica Neck Fit Contour Serum – Buy on Amazon
|Best for Hyperpigmentation|
Urban Skin Rx Even Tone Night Treatment – Buy on Amazon
- Skin anti-aging strategies– https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.4161/derm.22804
- Genetics and skin aging- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3583889/
You Might Also Like:
- How to Get Rid of Wrinkles at Home
- How to Get Rid of Forehead Wrinkles
- 7 Best Powders For Skin Folds
- 7 Best Protein For Crepey Skin