Frankincense oil works great in treating acne and removing wrinkles, scars and ageing spots. Cell regeneration is stimulated by it and the older cells are protected from free radical damage. Thus the skin becomes firm and tight. Hence, it should be included in the skincare routine. Read on to know ways of using it for wrinkles.(1)
Is Frankincense Oil Good for Your Face?
Frankincense basic oil has a wide range of uses, from improving the otherworldly and reflective practice to use in excellent schedules includes our beauty. Frankincense has a hearty, elevating fragrance that is ideal for establishing and profound connectedness.(2)
1. Incredible for Skin
Our skin is the most obvious organ of our body. Frankincense for skin can do astounding miracles.
Maturing is a characteristic procedure and however, it’s one that we should all grasp, untimely maturing isn’t.
Maturing skin loses its suppleness and flexibility and this is portrayed by the development of wrinkles and scarcely discernible differences.
Besides sun harm, different components that can age you incorporate lethal magnificence items, stress, and inordinate liquor utilization.
Fortunately, there are normal cures that can assist with lessening the presence of untimely maturing.
Basic oils have immediately gotten a staple in numerous lives because of the plenty of advantages they bring.
As our bodies age, they never again recover new skin cells, fortunately, frankincense turns around this procedure by empowering the development of new cells.
Frankincense benefits incorporate the capacity to reinforce skin and improve its tone, flexibility, safeguard components against microscopic organisms or imperfections, and appearance as somebody ages.
Frankincense oil diminishes redness and skin bothering, while likewise creating evener skin tones. It’s the pentacyclic triterpene (steroid-like) structure of frankincense oil that adds to its calming impact on aggravated skin.
3. For Acne
Regardless of whether it’s because of hypersensitivities, touchy skin, or is basically an individual decision, there are a lot of reasons a few people stay away from customary skin inflammation medicines like drying moisturizers, cured treatments, and covers.
The best fundamental oils for pimples offer a characteristic choice to spot medications that frequently contain unforgiving synthetic compounds. Basic oils gloat amazing, normally helpful properties and can be applied topically.
Basic oils sound like a supernatural occurrence solution for pretty much everything. Yet, spotting incredibly solid botanicals on your skin can really reverse discharge with regards to skin inflammation.
Frankincense is extraordinary for oily skin and skin to break out because it’s a characteristic astringent; it directs sebum and stops your face resembling a chaotic situation by evacuating overabundance oil.
Frankincense oil will mitigate and lessen aggravation and can likewise help forestall skin break out shaping gratitude to the Boswell acids it contains which are fit for eliminating microbes related with skin break out.
4. For Oily Skin
There are four skin types: ordinary, dry, slick, and mix—each has its own attributes. One of the most remarkable of the four is oily skin. Likewise, with all skin types, there are traditional approaches to wash down, support and treat skin, and there are various ways.
Frankincense is a champ for oily skin. A fabulous characteristic astringent, it manages sebum and stops your face resembling a chaotic situation by expelling overabundance oil. The astringent properties of frankincense additionally help fix skin; uplifting news in case you’re fighting an instance of huge pores.
5. Removes Wrinkles
One of the most solid indications of matured skin is an expansion in the number and profundity of wrinkles. Different signs incorporate sporadic pigmentation, skin diminishing, and laxity.
Wrinkles, otherwise called rhytides, are overlap in your skin.
As you age, your skin delivers less of the proteins collagen and elastin. This makes your skin more slender and less impervious to harm. Ecological presentation, parchedness, and poisons would all be able to make your face bound to create articulated wrinkles.
Wrinkles are a characteristic piece of getting more established, and there’s no motivation to fear getting them.
Searching for a simple and common approach to look more youthful, more advantageous and progressively lively without going through a huge amount of cash?
The oil has a lovely woody smell, however, it additionally has the incredible enemy of maturing and skin reviving impacts!
This oil improves the characteristic guard component of your skin against unsafe microscopic organisms and furthermore tones it and keeps up its flexibility. The oil has mitigating properties. It advances tissue development and forestalls aggravation.
Frankincense oil is an amazing cancer prevention agent that can forestall untimely maturing and improve the presence of pores, wrinkles, and even scars. It likewise has astringent properties that make it perfect for recuperating and hostile to maturing purposes. It advances skin cell development and shields them from harm.(3)
Massage your face with a few drops of oil in delicate roundabout movements. It’s ideal to apply the oil around evening time before bed.
6. Removes Scars, Stretch Marks and Wounds
The appearance of the skin can be influenced by harmed brought about by stretch imprints, wound scars, skin inflammation scars and medical procedure marks.
Frankincense oil has cicatrisant properties. You might not have known about this previously, yet it is a significant property as far as skin mending.
This fundamentally implies the oil can help marks and scars to mend and blur all of them more rapidly and successfully.
Interestingly, this activity can be accomplished not simply by applying frankincense oil topically to the body, yet in addition through inhalant techniques.
In the event that you are experiencing scars and stamps on your skin, at that point consider adding this oil to your magnificence system.
This fundamental oil assists with alleviating skin, even out skin tone and, eliminates microscopic organisms
These attributes make it helpful for treating scars. Frankincense fundamental oil may advance the development of new skin cells, fix the skin and decrease the presence of scars
Likewise, the dynamic fixing in Frankincense, Boswellia, has been appeared to have calming benefits.
This basic oil may cause skin bothering and stomach issues. Try not to utilize frankincense oil in the event that you take blood thinners.
5 Ways to Use Frankincense Essential Oil for Wrinkles
1. Frankincense and Aloe Vera
There are healing, anti-inflammatory and regenerating characteristics of Frankincense, rosehip oil and aloe vera gel. They moisturise the skin and keep it supple.
- Aloe vera gel- 5 tbsp
- Rosehip oil-1 tbsp
Process of using:
- Mix aloe vera gel and rosehip oil in a bowl to form a creamy texture.
- To it, mix Frankincense essential and then store it in a glass container.
- This has to be used within 2-3 weeks.
[ Recommended: How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Wrinkles ]
2. Frankincense, Shea and Cocoa Butter
Geranium essential oil fights ageing signs, wrinkles, and puffy eyes, regenerates new cells and makes the skin firm.
Argan oil has vitamin E, essential omega fatty acids and linoleic acids that help in repairing the skin and keeping it hydrated.
Rosehip oil has anti-ageing characteristics. and encourages healthy skin cell production. Shea butter and cocoa butter keeps the skin moisturized.
- Shea butter- 1/2 cup
- Rosehip oil- 2 tbsp
- Argan oil- 3 tbsp
- Geranium essential oil- 7 drops
- Vitamin E- 1/4 tsp( optional)
- Frankincense essential oil- 15 drops.
- Cocoa butter- 1-2 tbsp
Process of Using:
- Use sanitized and clean blender bowl and utensils for creating this moisturizer.
- A double boiler system can be used for melting the shea butter and cocoa butter.
- To this melted mixture, add argan and rosehip oil.
- For 5-10 minutes, whip the mixture to make it fluffy after which add vitamin E and the remaining essential oils.
- Store it in an airtight container and use it twice a day on a clean face.
Tips: Make sure to do a patch test before using it since it contains essential oils.
[ Recommended: How to Get Rid of Wrinkles with Coconut oil ]
3. Frankincense Essential oil Face Cleanser
Green tea and frankincense essential oil have anti-oxidants which treat numerous skin problems like pimples, acne and blemishes. The skin gets exfoliated by green tea and aloe vera, making it glow naturally. Frankincense oil firms the skin.
- Aloe vera gel- 1/2 cup
- Safflower oil- 3 tbsp
- Honey-1/4 cup
- Matcha green tea powder- 2 tsp
- Castile soap- 4-5 tbsp
- Lavender essential oil- 5 drops
- Frankincense essential oil- 15 drops
Process of using:
- Combine the above ingredients and mix for 6-7 minutes and then store it in an airtight container.
- While applying it on the face, move the fingertips in a circular motion and then wash off with warm water.
Tips: Store the product away from sunlight. Make sure to do a patch test before applying it to the face. Also, pregnant women, infants and kids should avoid using it as sometimes the essential oil might not work well for them.
4. Frankincense Face Serum
The hemp seed oil has omega 3 fatty acids that ensure skin hydration, regenerate cells and remove fine lines.
Vitamin E and anti-oxidants of Argan oil repair skin and keep it moisturized. Similarly, pomegranate seed oil has punicic acid which has anti-inflammatory characteristics, helps in collagen production and keeps the skin firm.
Geranium essential oil is a cicatrizant that fights scars and results in flawless skin. There are antiseptic characteristics of tea-tree essential oil.
Rose essential oil has amazing emollient properties that moisturize dry skin and also prevent acne because of its astringent and antiseptic properties.
- Rose essential oil- 6 drops
- Hemp seed oil, pomegranate seed oil -10 ml each
- Argan oil- 5 ml
- Geranium essential oil- 4 drops
- Tea tree essential oil, frankincense essential oil – 5 drops each
Process of using:
- Mix the hemp seed oil, argan oil and pomegranate seed oil in a dark-coloured bottle and to this, slowly add the essential oils.
- Shake the bottle to combine the ingredients well.
- Take 2-3 drops of this mixture and massage on the face gently.
- It can be stored for about 6 months.
Tips: Do a patch test before using the product on the face. Since there are many essential oils used, pregnant women, and kids should avoid them. Store the serum away from light.
5. Frankincense Face Toner
Green tea has anti-oxidants which prevent free radical damage, and premature ageing signs and promote healing of cells. It even reduces pores and sebum production, thus fighting acne and blackheads.
Apple cider vinegar tightens the skin and reduces inflammation due to acne. It even keeps the skin hydrated and reduces the appearance of dark spots. Overproduction of sebum is controlled by it.
- Green tea: 3/4th cup
- Apple cider vinegar- 1/4th cup
- Frankincense essential oil- 5 drops
Process of using:
- To make the toner, you need to boil 3/4th cup of water and add about 3 green tea bags to it.
- Leave this for cooling and mix 1/4th cup of apple cider vinegar to it.
- Transfer the mixture to a bottle and add 5 drops of tea tree essential oil and mix well.
- You can store it for about 1 week in the refrigerator.
- Clean your face thoroughly before applying the toner with a cotton pad.
- Avoid contact with the eye. Once it dries up, apply a moisturizer.
- This can even be left overnight and washed in the morning. The process can be repeated every day.
Tips: The smell of toner dissipates after it dries up but if you dislike the smell, wash it off as soon as it dries.
Skin toners made at home with natural ingredients and essential oils like Frankincense can help in achieving significant results. This will not just save you from spending on expensive toners available on market, but also eliminate the need for using products with chemical ingredients.
Side Effects of Frankincense Oil
This oil has some side effects which are the following:(4)
- It can cause nausea and acid reflux.
- It might be able to increase in miscarriages during pregnancy, so avoid taking it at that period of time.
- It can be the reason of the rashes on the body.
- Stomach pain is also one of the reasons for its excessive intake.
- It has blood-thinning effects that increase the chances of the internal bleeding that might cause death.
- It is also dangerous for mothers who are breastfeeding their children.
- People allergic to this plan might face different allergies because of it.
- Chemistry and Immunomodulatory Activity of Frankincense Oil- http://www.znaturforsch.com/ac/v58c/s58c0230.pdf
- In Vitro Antimicrobial Activity of Frankincense Oils from Boswellia sacra Grown in Different Locations of the Dhofar Region (Oman)- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7235874/
- Effects of Frankincense Compounds on Infection, Inflammation, and Oral Health- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9268443/
You Might Also Like:
- 16 Practical Uses for Dish Soap That You Probably Haven’t Thought Of
- How to Use Vitamin E Oil for Wrinkles
- How to Get Rid of Forehead Wrinkles at Home
- How to Get Rid of Wrinkles on Lips Naturally
- 7 Best Powders For Skin Folds