Have you heard about hair toner? Do you know what toner does to your hair? Check out this article to know what are toner and its applications.
Toner Do To Hair
What Actually A Hair Toner Is?
Hair toner is a product used on hair after it has been subjected to a strong process of chemical bleaching and lightening to get rid of the shades of brassy hair. A toner helps you to correct or personalize your hair color. Moreover, it adds natural or more visible tones to your hair after having a professional color treatment. A hair toner is most commonly used for the shades of blonde hair. However, it is also beneficial for brunettes and redheads as well.
Hair tones can be used to achieve two things. It can be used to add pigment to hair color that has faded over time and it can be used to counteract unwanted colors like yellow tones or grassiness. Toning and flossing also add a nice boost in shine to your hair. A hair tone usually comes in a gel or gloss-like formula that works to emphasize or de-emphasize certain tones in your hair and add shine.
When A Toner Can Be Used?
Except your hair is naturally a very light blonde, there are shades of orange and red pigment in it. When you lighten your hair, bleach needs to work through each of those pigments to uplift the color away. Depending on how long you leave the bleach, your hair may still have unflattering coppery undertones. It is where the hair toner comes into play. Also, toners are not one specific product that you go and just buy easily. Demi-permanent colors, tinted shampoos, glosses, and conditioners call all be taken into consideration because they all contain pigments that adjust the tone of your hair.
How Does Toner Works On Your Hair?
- The toner works most remarkably on light hair as it does not lift or permanently modify the color of your hair, but rather adds a tone to it. As a result, it assists you in achieving true platinum blonde hair, silver hair, or any variety of different pastel hair colors.
- Toners alter the undertint of your hair color but do not elevate the shade. This is the reason why they are intended for applying on bleached or blonde hair and will not work on darker hair.
- Toner can help you handle the shade of your blonde hair to make it look fresher, more ashy, or even different colors such as pink or purple.
- Hair toning glosses either maintain the tones of your hair that you love, or adjust warm or cool tones. Furthermore, it can be employed to add shine and increase the softness of your hair.
- You can use the toner all over your hair or just in particular sections where you need to modify the shade. For instance, it can tone down just the part of your hair with highlights or just the roots to make them appear more natural.
- Besides refreshing and enhancing your tone, toners add dimension to your hair color and eliminate the discoloration.
- Toners can be used to correct an unwanted warm or cool tone or add some pop to your hair color. They are the key to achieving beautiful and vivid hair colors.
- Toners also strengthen your hair by creating a protective barrier around the strands and balance the hair’s porosity by filling in the shaft.
- While toners aid in sealing down your hair cuticle to create reflection and shine, they add volume to your hair by plumping the hair cuticle to make it more enhanced.
Some Tips To Keep In Mind While Using Toner
- The more you wash your hair, the more you have to use a toner to define your hair color.
- Once your hair is toned, protect it from the sun to prevent fading of color.
- You will have to re-tone your hair every 2 to 8 weeks, depending on your hair texture.
- Do not wash your hair immediately after toning it.
- There are three different types of products available for toning such as purple shampoo, dye, and ammonia toners. You can use either of these to tone your hair.
As we have seen above, toners neutralize unwanted warm or brassy tones to help you attain a shinier, healthier natural tint. Applying a toner to your bleached mane helps you achieve natural cool-looking blonde tresses rather than a garish yellow or brassy orange.
You Might Also Like:
- How To Tone Down Pink Hair
- 7 Best Shampoo For Low Porosity Hair
- What Does Hair Toner Do To Highlights?
- Can You Tone Wet Hair?
- How Long to Leave Toner in Hair?
- How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair Growth
- Apple Cider Vinegar Facial Toner – Benefits, Preparation & Use
- Why Is My Scalp Lighter Than My Skin?