Avid swimmers always look forward to the best barrier cream for swimming, as it can help protect their skin in multiple ways. Since pool water consists of chlorine and bromine as it helps to kill the germs, they are not good for the skin.
Soft and supple skin may turn dry and itchy when stay dipped in pool water. At the same time, pool water may affect the pH level of our skin too. Likewise, seawater contains salt and other impurities that can harm the skin.
It is when a barrier cream comes in handy. Since multiple options are available in the market, we have narrowed the search by listing the top 7 best barrier creams for swimming.
So, whether you are going for a pool party, heading towards a beach, or want to spend some time soaking in the pool, get the best barrier cream and protect your skin from damage.
Check them out!
7 Best Barrier Cream For Swimming
1. Say Goodbye to Drying and Itch: Exershield Pre-Swim Lotion
What We Don’t Like: It might not suit all skin types; therefore patch test is recommended.
- Protects skin against the negative effects of chemicals
- Infused with natural ingredients like organic aloe leaf juice, shea butter, jojoba seed oil, and primrose oil
- The formula is also rated reef-safe
- No synthetic colors or added fragrance
[ Read: Home Remedies for Dry Skin on Face ]
2. Complete Protection from Chlorine: Diva stuff Pre-Swim Aqua Therapy
- It uses vitamin C to neutralize the harmful effects of chlorine on the skin
- Infused with cocoa butter, shea nut butter, babassu oil, and castor oil to moisturize the skin
- Contains beeswax creates a barrier between the skin and the water
- It has a lime and coconut fragrance that fights odor caused by chlorine
What We Don’t Like: A patch test is recommended, especially for people with sensitive skin.
3. Fragrance free Barrier Cream: La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Balm B5
- It works as a rich cream but leaves a non-greasy finish
- Fragrance-free, non-sticky, and suitable for all types of skin
- Formulated with shea butter, vitamin B5, glycerin, and other skin-loving ingredients
What We Don’t Like:This stuff is thick and may leave your skin greasy.
[ Read: The 5 Best Vitamins for Healthy Skin ]
4. Moisturizing Lotion for Skin: TRISWIM Chlorine Removal Body Wash
- It keeps you smelling refreshing
- Enriched with aloe vera, vitamin E, and pro-vitamin B5 for healthy moisturization
- It helps relieve sunburn and protects against the adverse effects of exposure to chlorine
- Gluten-free, cruelty-free, and paraben-free formulation
What We Don’t Like: It might feel too heavy on oily skin due to its thick consistency.
[ Read: 7 Best Body Washes for Black Skin ]
5. Most Natural Cream Before Swimming: DermaSwim 8 Ounce Tube Pre-Swimming Lotion
- Protects the skin from excessive drying up and irritation from the chlorine and bromine in the water
- Water-based lotion, made up of 97.55% natural ingredients
- Infused with coconut oil, beeswax, olive oil, and green tea leaf extract
- Forms a protective layer on the skin
What We Don’t Like: It may not suit all skin types due to its unique formulation; therefore, a patch test is recommended.
[ Read: How To Twist Your Hair With Beeswax ]
6. Barrier Cream with SPF: Neutrogena Beach Defense Water Resistant Sunscreen Lotion
- Beach-strength protection from the sun with its SPF 70 fighting harmful UVA and UVB rays
- Fast-absorbing, lightweight, and oil-free formulation
- Water-resistant for up to 80 minutes
- PABA-free, making it safe for all types of skin
What We Don’t Like: It may not suit people sensitive to allergies.
7. Antioxidant Enriched Barrier Cream: Replenix Antioxidant Hydrating Sunscreen SPF 50
- Heavy-duty facial sunscreen and moisturizer
- It contains hyaluronic acid and squalene that ensure a healthy dose of hydration
- Enriched with green tea polyphenols, caffeine USP, silymarin, bisabolol, action, vitamin E
- Fast-absorbing and sheer in application
What We Don’t Like: Since it is fragrance-free, the body may smell typical chlorine.
If you love swimming or recently admitted your child to swimming class, it’s high time you buy the best barrier cream. Even though swimming is good for health, pool water is not.
The right barrier cream will protect the skin from the harmful effects of chlorine and bromine. At the same time, it will also provide high-spectrum sun protection. So, choose the best cream for your skin and enjoy your time splashing some water in the pool or by the beach.
You Might Also Like:
- 7 Best Hot Tub Chemicals For Sensitive Skin
- How To Protect Your Hair While Swimming?
- What Does Chlorine Do To Your Hair?
- Will My Hair Dye Run In A Swimming Pool?
- 7 Best Barrier Cream for Bed Sores
- 7 Best Urea Creams For Feet