Two proteins are responsible for a tight, wrinkle free and smooth skin. The two proteins are collagen and elastin. When there is damage of these two proteins are very low, the skin gets affected by wrinkles, sagging and appears old at your youthful age. Causes for collagen and elastin damage include UV rays, aging, and exposure to some airborne toxins. Many home treatment remedies can help in skin tightening. This article discusses the different ways one can use coconut oil for skin tightening.(1)
How to Use Coconut Oil for Skin Tightening
Coconut oil is known to contain a powerful antioxidant that helps in eliminating free radicals that cause skin damage. The coconut oil helps in moisturizing skin and hydrating skin and thus enhancing skin tightening.(2)
Research shows that the coconut oil helps in protecting the skin from the harmful sun rays which can cause skin damage. Therefore this natural oil is perfect for skin. The coconut oil does not require chemicals to work in your skin. It is a natural oil and requires no chemical additives.
This property makes it artificial free jelly with no side effects on your skin. One can apply the coconut oil either in the form of a solid or liquid by rubbing it to his/her face. After applying the cream to your skin, give it time to be absorbed in your skin.
The coconut oil can be used for different purposes such as lip gel where it helps in getting rid of the cracks from your lips. Can be used as skin softer, make up remover, for skin disorders and much more.
According to the USDA report, coconut oil contains vitamin E that is helpful in skin improvement. Therefore in this article, we are going to look at ways on how to use coconut oil for skin tightening. Some of the methods include:
[ Read: How to Use Castor oil to Tighten Skin ]
1. Coconut Oil and Aloe Vera Mask
The aloe Vera is well known to contain malic acid. The malic acid helps in promoting clear skin with no flaws in it while the coconut includes high contents of vitamin C that helps in preventing wrinkles from the skin and skin sagging. Therefore combining aloe Vera and coconut oil can be of great importance to your skin.(3)
- 2 spoons of the coconut and aloe Vera oil
How to Prepare:
- One can take two spoons of the coconut and aloe Vera oil and mix it to get the coconut and aloe Vera mask that you will apply to your skin.
- After applying the mixture to your face, allow it to get absorbed to your skin and wash the skin using cold water.
[ Read: How to Use Aloe Vera for Skin Tightening ]
2. Coconut Oil and Vitamin E Oil
Coconut oil is well known to promote skin softening while vitamin E enhances the generation of cells that makes skin appear tight. Vitamin E prevents the skin from sagging.(4)
- 2 spoons the coconut oil
- 2 spoons of the vitamin E oil
How to Prepare:
- Therefore mixing the two, one gets a cream that is very crucial in skin tightening.
- Mix coconut oil and vitamin E oil.
- Apply the mixture in your skin and allow it to sip in your skin for one hour before washing with lukewarm water.
[ Read: Homemade Skin Tightening Face Masks ]
3. Coconut Oil and Argan Oil
Argan oil is known to have anti-aging properties that help in eliminating wrinkles, agings signs, and lines from your skin. The vitamins A and E present in the coconut oil helps in enhancing collagen production that is vital in the skin.(5)
- Argan oil
- Coconut oil
How to Prepare:
- To make this product, mix the argan oil and the coconut oil in equal ratios
- Apply the resulting cream on your face.
- Wash the face after sufficient absorption of the fat in your skin and wash off using lukewarm water.
How it works: The mixture of this two oils helps in preventing oxidative damages in your skin caused by the Ultraviolet rays from the sun.
[ Read: Home Remedies for Skin Tightening ]
4. Coconut Oil and Honey Mask
The mixture of coconut oil and honey will be of excellent benefit to your skin if you make good use of it. This is because honey has natural humectants which help in skin moisturizing. Honey also contains anti-inflammatory properties that assist in preventing sagging skin and wrinkles.(4)
How to Prepare:
- Here one should mix two spoons of honey and coconut oil in equal proportions
- Apply the mixture in the skin and massage it in the upward direction.
- Allow the cream you have applied to the face to absorb for 20 minutes
- Wash it off using lukewarm water to get amazing skin tightening.
[ Read: How to Tighten Face Skin Naturally ]
5. Coconut Oil and Turmeric
Turmeric has very many health benefits. Turmeric is known to have antioxidants that help in preventing oxidative damage in the skin. Therefore mixing a small amount of turmeric and coconut oil can help in preventing sagging skin, wrinkles and fine lines from your face because of the mixture boost collagen production. The collagen helps in maintaining tight skin.(5)
How to Prepare:
- To prepare the mixture, mix coconut oil with a small amount of turmeric powder
- Apply it to your skin periodically.
- After using the combination, give it some time to be absorbed in your skin before washing with lukewarm water.
Therefore the above discussed are the five ways one can use coconut oil for skin tightening. The above-discussed methods have been researched from different health journals such as the Health-line newspaper, Web-med, and many others. Therefore five ways have been tested and proved and no need to worry when giving them a trial. Thank you.
- The effect of topical virgin coconut oil on SCORAD index, transepidermal water loss, and skin capacitance in mild to moderate pediatric atopic dermatitis: a randomized, double-blind, clinical trial- https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24320105/
- Novel antibacterial and emollient effects of coconut and virgin olive oils in adult atopic dermatitis- https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19134433/
- Effect of topical application of virgin coconut oil on skin components and antioxidant status during dermal wound healing in young rats- https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20523108/
- Anti-Inflammatory and Skin Barrier Repair Effects of Topical Application of Some Plant Oils- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5796020/
- The Antioxidant Content and Protective Effect of Argan Oil and Syzygium aromaticum Essential Oil in Hydrogen Peroxide-Induced Biochemical and Histological Changes- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5855832/
- Honey in dermatology and skin care: a review- https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24305429/
- Turmeric and Its Major Compound Curcumin on Health: Bioactive Effects and Safety Profiles for Food, Pharmaceutical, Biotechnological and Medicinal Applications- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7522354/
You Might Also Like:
- How to Tighten Skin After Weight Loss
- Difference Between Coconut Oil And Coconut Butter
- 7 Causes For Lump On the Back of Neck
- How To Tighten Skin On Legs After 50
- 7 Best Essential Oils for Skin Tightening
- 7 Best Creams For Skin Tightening Stomach
- 7 Best Skin Tightening Creams For Stomach