Are you a person who loves to flaunt that thick waterproof mascara to blow up your eyelashes? Well, the real problem is when you got to remove it at the end of the day as it is a stubborn thing that cannot be easily removed. Removing the mascara in the wrong way not only causes problems to your lashes but can also spoil the skin around your eyes.
How to Remove Waterproof Mascara?
If you are having this question in your mind on how to safely remove the waterproof mascara without any damage to your skin and eyes, then you should be happy to know that you are not the only one worried about this problem. As the waterproof mascara is designed to resist water, a mere face wash will not help in getting the lashes makeup off and you need to use the best quality commercial and natural products to remove the mascara effectively and quickly.
The following are some of the useful products and the step by step procedure you need to follow to remove the waterproof mascara from your eyelashes.
[ Read: How to Remove False Eyelashes at Home ]
Waterproof Mascara Remover
There are a lot of commercial products available in the market that will do a good job in removing the waterproof mascara. It is important to buy high-quality waterproof mascara remover that will easily and quickly remove all the leftovers of the mascara from the lashes.
Step by Step Process
- Take a clean cotton ball and pour some of the waterproof mascara removers on it.
- Close the eyelids and make sure that the soaked cotton ball is placed on top of the lashes for a few seconds. Do not apply any serious pressure on the cotton balls.
- After about 5 to 10 seconds, gently wipe the cotton pad over the lashes in a downward direction towards the tip of the lashes.
- Repeat this process until you find that there are no traces of the mascara leftover on the lashes.
- Once you have removed the mascara from one eye, carry out the same procedure on the other eye using a fresh cotton ball soaked in the makeup remover.
[ Read: How to Use an Eyelash Curler ]
Baby Shampoo to Remove Waterproof Mascara
The baby shampoo is very safe to sue around the sensitive areas of the eye and is also found to be very effective in removing the stubborn water-resistant mascara. They are hypoallergenic and also come as colorless and fragrant free to suit the tender skin of the newborns.
Step by Step Procedure
- Take a damp cotton ball and drop one or two drops or a small quantity of the baby shampoo on the cotton.
- Close the eyelids and apply the shampoo dipped cotton ball on the eyelashes. Make sure that the shampoo does not get in contact with the eyes.
- Now, slowly move the shampoo soaked cotton ball form the top of the eyelids towards the tip of the eyelashes.
- Now use a fresh damp cotton ball are wipe off the baby shampoo and the residue of the waterproof mascara form the lashes so that no traces of shampoo and the mascara are left behind.
- Repeat the same procedure on the lashes of the other eye.
Olive oil to Remove Waterproof Mascara
As the mascara is a waterproof one, then you needs to use a product to break the waterproof properties and the best natural product to use to remove waterproof mascara are the olive oil.
Step by Step Process
- Take some of the olive oil on a clean cotton pad.
- Close the eyes and place the olive oil-soaked cotton ball on the eyelid and allow it to rest there for a few seconds.
- Now, gently wipe the cotton ball down towards the tip of the eyelashes. There is no need to wipe hard or to rub it over the lashes.
- The process should be repeated until the stubborn mascara breaks and there are no traces of it is leftover the lashes.
- After the mascara is removed, use a water-dipped cotton pad to remove the residue of the oil and leftover traces of mascara from the lashes.
Vaseline to Remove Waterproof Mascara
This is a cost-effective product that can be used to get rid of the stubborn waterproof mascara.
Step by Step Procedure
- Take the Vaseline on the tip of your fingers and apply it over the eyelashes.
- Let it remain for 3 to 5 minutes. Now, use a cotton ball dipped in lukewarm water over the applied Vaseline.
- Allow it to run to the tip of the lashes and repeat this wiping procedure until there are no Vaseline and mascara residues on the lashes.
You can try any of the above-mentioned products on your eyelashes to get rid of the stubborn waterproof mascara.