Applying false eyelashes can easily enhance the beauty of your eyes. However, forgetting the desired results, you need to know the right method and materials required.
What do You Need for False Eyelashes?
Given below is a full list of cosmetic products and tools that have to be assembled before you start with the procedure of applying false eyelashes.
- False Eyelashes: False eyelashes are available in different types and price ranges. A few factors to be considered while choosing false eyelashes are.
- Reusability: If you intend to use your false eyelashes quite frequently, you would need a high-quality kit that can be used 7 to 8 times.
- Quality: Eyelashes made of animal hairs like mink are of superior quality and can be reused for 25 to 30 times.
- Cost: Synthetic eyelashes cost around $12 to $20. But eyelashes made of animal hairs are expensive and may cost up to $100.
[ Read: How Effective is Vaseline on Eyelashes ]
For sticking false lashes onto your eyelids, you would need superior-quality glue that dries quickly and remains reasonably waterproof.
You would need tweezers for carefully holding and placing glue eyelashes onto your eyelids.
Mirror: Throughout the procedure you would need a small makeup mirror that can be placed upright on a table.
Scissors: You might need a pair of small scissors for trimming your false eyelashes if they are too long for your eyes.
How To Do False Eyelashes to Myself
- Applying false eyelashes on your own may require some practice. Here is a step-by-step explanation of the whole procedure.
- Clean your upper eyelids and lashes to make sure that no trace of makeup like liner or mascara is left behind.
- Using tweezers remove one of the false eyelashes from their case and compare the length with that of your real lashes.
- If your eyes are small, you would need to trim the false lashes using scissors.
- While trimming false lashes make sure that you do it from the outer end of the eyelashes. Also, both the lashes should be trimmed equally.
- Now carefully apply glue on the band of your flash eyelashes. Note that, the glue should be applied on the base and it should not spill into the lashes.
- Using tweezers hold the false lashes by the outer end and place them on your upper lash line.
- The inner tip of the false lashes should be placed on the upper lash line right above the spot from where the real lashes begin.
- While applying the false lashes you can try placing the mirror right under your chin and look down to get a proper view of your eyes.
- After placing the false lashes check if any adjustment is required and use your fingers or tweezers to get it right before the glue dries up.
- Repeat the process with the other set of false eyelashes and make sure that the placement is symmetrical.
How to Remove False Eyelashes
- False eyelashes should be carefully removed to avoid any damage to your real lashes. Follow the instructions given below to get this done easily.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water and wet your eyelids for 2 to 3 minutes.
- This would loosen up your false eyelashes to a certain extent if they are partially waterproof.
- Next, use a clean cotton ball to apply a few drops of virgin coconut oil on your upper eyelid near the lash line.
- Keep your eyes tightly closed while applying the oil. Gently rub the cotton ball across the length of your false lashes.
- Wait for a few minutes with your eyes closed so that the oil penetrates through the band of your false lashes and dislodges the glue.
- Now once again wash your eyes to remove the excess oil and then wipe your eyelids dry and gently remove the false lashes using tweezers.
- Finally, wash the region surrounding the eyes with a mild cleansing soap or baby soap to remove any trace of glue that may be left behind.
Life Hacks from Makeup Artists
- Listed below are a few essential life hacks that can help you in optimizing the use of false lashes.
- While applying false eyelashes, you can make it look more realistic by applying a neat coat of eyeliner across your upper eyelid.
- Use an eyelash curler to curl your false lashes before applying glue on them. This would make your false lashes look more beautiful.
- Do not use mascara on your false eyelashes after applying them. This may loosen the glue. You can apply a mild coat of mascara before gluing them.
- After removing false eyelashes immerse them in water for a few minutes and pat them dry before putting them back in their case.
By using the above technique, you can safely apply and remove your false lashes without causing any damage to your actual lashes or eyes.