In order to keep your bronze glow intact for as long as possible, you need to ponder over spray tan care. With the right practices and proper care, a spray tan can stay for weeks.
However, this care starts right before you get the spray tan. Some practices include exfoliating the skin and shaving the body parts to develop an even and perfect tan. If you have followed these instructions, bingo!
The next dilemma comes when the technician has applied the spray tan, and you wonder what next? How to take care of this spray tan? A few baffling questions that pop inside mind are- when to shower after a spray tan and how to shower after a spray tan.
If you are also confused, you are on the right page. Here we will discuss all your queries and provide tips to help stay your spray tan longer.
When To Shower After A Spray Tan?
As per the experts, it is advised to wait at least 4-8 hours after your spray tan before you shower for the first time. However, at the same time, do not wait for more than 24 hours.
As you shower after 4-8 hours, you will probably notice some golden glow draining. Fret not, as it is just the excess spray that will come out no matter how long you will wait to take a shower. You will still look as bronze as ever when you get it. This extra solution washes off the skin in the first shower.
Apart from waiting for 4-8 hours, you also need to keep certain points in mind for the best spray tan results-
- Stay away from all moisture.
- Do not apply moisturizer to your skin.
- Avoid working out immediately, as sweat will make your skin moist.
- Do not put on any makeup like foundation, concealer, or any product that can make your tan wet.
The first few hours are crucial after getting the spray tan as this is when your skin develops tan. Any kind of moisture- be it a moisturizer, hydration cream, lotion, sweat, etc. may prevent the solution from adhering to your skin properly and developing tan.
[ Read: 7 Easy Ways to Remove Spray Tan ]
How Should I Shower After A Spray Tan?
Now that you know how long you have to wait to take a shower after getting a spray tan, it is essential to know the right way to shower as well.
If you love having a long hot shower, you must compromise for a few days as it is strictly prohibited after a spray tan. The three things you need to remember are-
- use only warm water
- apply only gentle oil-free body wash
- keep the shower quick
Another important tip to keep spray tan longer is avoiding scrubbing the body too harshly. Too much scrubbing may fade the fresh tan easily.
You should exfoliate and scrub the skin only when you want to say goodbye to your spray tan and prepare your skin for a new one. Therefore, instead of a scrubber, sponge, or exfoliator, use your hands gently over your body to slather oil-free body wash. It will help rinse the surface solution easily. At the same time, avoid bar soaps that may strip skin with harsh chemicals.
Once you bathe, pat yourself dry with a soft cotton towel. Again, do not rub the towel harshly over the body.
Now that you are clean apply moisturizer to lock in the tan and glow in your fresh bronze skin tone. Experts advise keeping the skin moisturized by using a high-quality moisturizer twice daily for the best results.
Here are a few tips to prolong your spray tan days into weeks and make your skin look gorgeously tanned.
- If you often go for beauty services like manicure, pedicure, waxing, or massage, do it before your spray tan.
- Wax or shave body parts at least 24 hours before your appointment. It will adjust the skin for the next step and remove the wax completely to develop an even tan.
- Exfoliate in the shower at least 4-5 hours before you head for your appointment. It will ensure that pores get enough time to close and help tanning solutions adhere to the skin properly.
- Use an oil-free exfoliator, probably made from organic ingredients.
- Remove all makeup, lotions, and skincare products before getting the spray tan.
- Moisturize the skin twice daily after getting a spray tan.
- Use Tan Extender as per the recommendation by the expert.
- Avoid swimming, long showers, baths, steam rooms, and saunas.
Following these steps will help prolong the spray tan result and prevent it from fading off.
[ Read: Shower After Tanning ]
Now that you know when to shower after a spray tan and the right ways to do it, you can look stunningly beautiful in your bronze glow for many days. Do not forget to follow the aftercare tips and instructions for the best spray tan results.
You Might Also Like:
- What To Wear During & After A Spray Tan
- Can You Still Get A Tan from Clouds?
- Can You Get A Tan Through A Window?
- Can You Tan With Makeup On
- How to Tan with Fair Skin and Freckles?
- How to Wash Hair without Getting Face Wet?
- How To Use Bath Bombs In Shower
- Milani Make It Last 3-in-1 Setting Spray Review
- How to Get Fake Tan off Hands
- How to Fix An Orange Spray Tan
- Can You Shave After a Spray Tan?